Sunday, January 8, 2017

Rich Toys Vintage Dollhouse Tour: 3. Welcome!

Please come in!

There are some things I would love to show you, if you have the time...



In the entryway and the dining room are three original pieces. Perhaps Santa included them with his deliveries in 1952... I just always remember having them.





The desk:  It reminds me of my grandfather's desk, polished wood with carefully placed accessories. Look at that old black rotary telephone! Do you remember one in your grandparents' home?

The sideboard:  Yes, the legs have been broken a few times, but always carefully repaired.

The dining table:  By far my most favorite piece in the whole house! Look how the table pulls apart for a leaf insert. I'm amazed this has survived all these years. Actually, this table is similar to the table my grandmother had which now my daughter has in her home. I remember having wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas meals on her table growing up. This tiny table reminds me of special times every time I look at it.




Both mother and grandmother took a strong interest in "my" dollhouse; maybe, just maybe, they put the bug in Santa's ear to begin with... mmm?

Before we move on to see the kitchen, take a brief glance at the Christmas Tree, added sometime in the 1990's. The sled is new this year, found at consignment shop nearby.



No comments:

Post a Comment