Saturday, January 14, 2017

Rich Toys Vintage Dollhouse Tour: 4. Retro Kitchen

As we enter the kitchen, located at the end of the house, you see relatively new pieces added when I was going through my "Early American" decorating phase. I loved the "antique look" and it showed up in suitable niches throughout my house.



Around the corner, notice the "retro" look. The old appliances are just fine. In fact, I remember my grandmother cooking in a kitchen just like this one whipping up scrumptious meals! I wonder if she actually bought me those pieces many years ago.



The little red table and chairs have been around forever, too. Mother put the red checked cloth on the table and I've never taken it off.









Anyone for a bite to eat?
















Let's take a closer look at the appliances:







Refrigerator

Remember the old refrigerators, the layers of ice building up? They were such a pain to defrost!














Stove and Oven

Remember the all white appliances? Later on, color was popular:  gold or avocado. Now, stainless steel is stylish. I wonder what color will be "in" next.














Sink

A big farmhouse sink (a necessity back then!) has now become one of the latest in kitchen trends. Oops! Not sure we should have the electric toaster and iron plugged in near the water!










Here's an overall look at the kitchen before we head to the living room. My there's a lot of stuff in there! Each piece holds a special memory for me, especially that little teapot in the foreground:




This kitchen is certainly reminiscent of an earlier time and remains the heart of my little home.

Please go on past the dining room to tour the living room. Oh, I see someone took down the Christmas Tree and has been playing with the little train Santa brought:




No comments:

Post a Comment