Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rich Toys Vintage Dollhouse Tour: 8. Nursery & Necessary Room

The delightful nursery is located above the kitchen next to the boy's room. Oh, I see the twins are in trouble already! They were supposed to be down for their naps... 



The endearing, adorable nursery continues to be my favorite room in the house. I love the charming furniture & accessories and smile every time I look at this tiny space! No, we didn't have that many babies in our real family, but who can resist pink & cute & cuddly?




Here's a closer look at some of the nursery pieces:


Comfy blanket, mattress & pillows mother made
The children's chifforobe and nightstand:



Note another rug made by my grandmother!
And the toy box with the twins wearing grandmother's hand knit diapers!



I know I have way too many pictures of this little space, but I LOVE THIS ROOM!!!



Since you have had a peek at the bathroom, let's go in and look around... 



This diminutive bathroom holds all the essentials:  sink, toilet and tub. There's a bit of room left for a blue hamper and a tall, narrow shelving unit for towels and whatnot.



Grandmother made the toilet seat cover and rug
This section of the house where both nursery and bathroom are now located was formerly just one large bathroom. During the renovation, I carved out a prominent place in front of the large bathroom for my favorite room and squished the bathroom furniture way back. In general, I find the bathroom to be a plain, utilitarian necessary room and not much fun. So, I spruced it up a bit with a pretty upscale cosmetic mirror above the sink... 

Next on the agenda... upstairs to see the third floor addition... 

No comments:

Post a Comment